Yoshida Castle - Relocated Structures: Difference between revisions

From Jcastle.info
(Created page with "{{CastleSubpage |CastleSubpageNameEnglish=Relocated Structures |Castle=Yoshida Castle |Subpage Order=140 |CastleSubpageText=Honkōji, a temple in Washiźu Township, Kosai Municipality, has extant relocated structures from Yoshida Castle. The temple's sōmon (general gate) and shoin (palatial halls including drawing room) were donated to the temple in 1674 by the lord of Okazaki Castle, Ogasawara Naganori. Many relocated castle structures were moved in the early Meiji per...")
 
No edit summary
Line 2: Line 2:
|CastleSubpageNameEnglish=Relocated Structures
|CastleSubpageNameEnglish=Relocated Structures
|Castle=Yoshida Castle
|Castle=Yoshida Castle
|Subpage Cover=File:YoshidajouIchikuART002.jpg
|Subpage Order=140
|Subpage Order=140
|CastleSubpageText=Honkōji, a temple in Washiźu Township, Kosai Municipality, has extant relocated structures from Yoshida Castle. The temple's sōmon (general gate) and shoin (palatial halls including drawing room) were donated to the temple in 1674 by the lord of Okazaki Castle, Ogasawara Naganori. Many relocated castle structures were moved in the early Meiji period, so ones from the early Edo period are extra special.  
|CastleSubpageText=Honkōji, a temple in Washiźu Township, Kosai Municipality, has extant relocated structures from Yoshida Castle. The temple's sōmon (general gate) and shoin (palatial halls including drawing room) were donated to the temple in 1674 by the lord of Okazaki Castle, Ogasawara Naganori. Many relocated castle structures were moved in the early Meiji period, so ones from the early Edo period are extra special.  

Revision as of 12:30, 27 August 2025

Honkōji, a temple in Washiźu Township, Kosai Municipality, has extant relocated structures from Yoshida Castle. The temple's sōmon (general gate) and shoin (palatial halls including drawing room) were donated to the temple in 1674 by the lord of Okazaki Castle, Ogasawara Naganori. Many relocated cas

Yoshida Castle - Relocated Structures

Honkōji, a temple in Washiźu Township, Kosai Municipality, has extant relocated structures from Yoshida Castle. The temple's sōmon (general gate) and shoin (palatial halls including drawing room) were donated to the temple in 1674 by the lord of Okazaki Castle, Ogasawara Naganori. Many relocated castle structures were moved in the early Meiji period, so ones from the early Edo period are extra special.

The shoin is open most days to the public, and guided tours are available. The shoin is opened from half nine in the morning. The shoin is the building behind the hōjō (monk's quarters). The hōjō is connected to the hondō (main hall) via a kairō (covered walkway). There is a lush garden between these buildings.

Gallery
  • Relocates Shoin (1674)
  • YoshidajouIchikuART016.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART003.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART015.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART011.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART019.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART007.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART012.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART010.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART008.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART018.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART006.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART014.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART009.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART017.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART005.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART013.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART004.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART020.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART023.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART025.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART024.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART021.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART022.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART030.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART028.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART032.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART029.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART031.jpg
  • Temple's main gate is also from Yoshida Castle
  • YoshidajouIchikuART033.jpg
  • YoshidajouIchikuART027.jpg


  • Feature Pages